The MSX Mini Replica is a totally-unnofficial, totally-homebrew remake of the MSX Home Computer.
Features a fully functional replica of the classical MSX Philips VG-8020 made on a 1:50 scale that can run MSX, MSX2, MSX2+ and Turbo R games and applications.
- Can run MSX, MSX2, MSX2+ and MSX Turbo R software
- Contains more than 8000 preloaded games from the complete catalog of titles preserved by the TOSEC initiative (https://archive.org/details/tosec).
- It can work as the original computer, starting on BASIC or DOS, or can start any game directly using the launch interface
- Can load games preserved from cartridges, tapes and disks in the most popular formats (.dsk, .cas, .rom).
- New games can be easily added trough the USB port
- High Definition output at 720p via HDMI
- Pixel Perfect graphics at 4:3 ratio, with full width, customizable CRT filter
- Options to save/load game status and insert cheats (pokes)
- 2 USB ports: plug in a USB keyboard and use as a fully functional home computer with BASIC or add a second joystick for 2-player games
- Compatible with any digital USB joystick or joypad, including the C64 Mini Joystick
- Compatible with the original MSX joysticks using an adapter (not included)
- Note: The keyboard keys are non-functional.
How to Order
Please consider that this is a totally fan-based development. In order to be able to supply the MSX Mini Replica at an affordable price we need to place orders of at least 10 units at a time.
You can reserve your unit trough a Paypal Donation of 85 Euros + sending costs. When a bunch of 10 reservations became completed, we'll send you an email and you'll receive the computer in about 7-10 days.
You can cancel your order at any time, even it the fabrication process has started, and you will receive a complete refund, but if the package has already been sent to your adress we'll require a prior return of it to make the remboursement.
- The MSX Mini Replica software is partially based on Retroarch by The Libretto Team
- The MSX Mini Replica software uses some parts of RetroPie emulation suite under GPL. (C) Florian Müller, petrockblock.com
- The Philips VG-8020 case design is based on a desing created by Gustavo Miguélez and it's used under written permission.